Arri Alexa Workflow
Benefits with Alexa Footage
The ARRI Alexa records to SxS media in native LOG-C, which is a flat desaturated image. The advantage of LOG-C is a higher dynamic range, but requires on-set or post color correction to create your Dailies.
Although the ALEXA can record Apple ProRes 4444 and ARRIRAW with the Codex On-Board Recorder, most editorial facilities request smaller offline files so their systems don’t slow down. Creating your own dailies on-set gives you saves money and allows greater control over your images.
Create your own Dailies and Color Corrected Offline Files for Editorial
- Save time, compared to typical 1-light Dailies turnaround time.
- Save money, compared to typical 1-light Dailies costs.
- Rent fewer Sony SxS Cards.
- Preview footage quickly and know you got the Shot.
- Communicate your desired looks accurately to post & visual effects.
Specs for Alexa On-Set Data and Color Correction System
- Capable of handling any ProRes Media recorded by ALEXA Camera.
- Capable of Transcoding to any Apple Codec, Pro Res Codec, or Avid DNx HD w/QT wrapper (MXF wrapper requires addtl hardware and software).
- Calibrated Displays to unsure accurate Color.
- Backup Failsafe measures in case of System failure.
- Capable of downloading Multiple SxS cards, Transcoding, and backing up files all at once.
- File transfers bandwidth in excess of 500mb/sec.
Contact Us Today for a Quote on your next project: (818) 253-4DIT (4348)